Friday, March 5, 2010

Chemise Thoughts

I tend to favor the split chemise--one that is open all the way down in the front.  And for me personally, to save on fabric, I usually do short chemises.  They fall to right below the butt cheeks.  Though for the ready-made I will make them fall to just below mid-thigh on a man.  This should maybe make it fall to close to the knees on an average sized woman.

A couple of variations that I do without outside influence (namely without someone telling me exactly what they want):
1.   I usually like a good box pleat at the neck and and wrists
2.  High necked chemises are my favorite
3.  I also use hook and eyes, just because I find it a bit frustrating to constantly retie strings.
4.  I will use an overlock stitch to decorate the edges of the collar and wrist pleats; sometimes a tight stitch sometimes a loose stitch.

I would include steps, and will gladly do so if there is a need, but I simply use The Tudor Taylor as my basic tool for Chemises.  Though sometime soon I will add Patterns of Fashion 4 to my library.



Warmest Regards,

No comments:

Post a Comment