Monday, August 6, 2012

Padme Senate Gown part 5

Now to fix the collar to the senate dark gown. Fixed.  LOL!  I ended up back with what I had originally designed.  A tad bit of trimming to clean up the curve (actually sorta straightened it).

And as part of the collar we deal with the embroidered front panels that run down both sides of center front.   The designs are set up as such: 1 single prong (on either side) near the waist, a 2 prong just below, and ten 3 prong that continues to the hem.  The single prong and double prongs are simply the same design as the triple prong with the top and second prongs removed  (top one for the double prong, and the top and middle one for the single prong).

I enlarged the photo and traced the three prong onto a clean piece of paper (window and masking tape method).  Scanned it into the compute and using the basic paint program, removed the top prong for the double prong, corrected the empty space, and saved it to its own file.  Repeated the steps to create the single prong.
I used this one to trace the final pattern out of.









The black and white traces.
Single prong
Double prong
Triple prong

I sent these each to an online digitizer so that they could convert it to the size I needed and the format for my new embroidery machine (.dst).  They sent me a file for each and a jpg of what it should look like when I embroider it out.

Digitized example 
Digitized example
Digitized example

You might notice the difference in their samples-- they were done on different days with different folks.  But that shouldn't  effect the outcome on my machine.  My machine allows me to flip the image horizontally which I will do to complete the left side (while worn) of the lapel band.



No comments:

Post a Comment