Friday, April 23, 2010

Canions Come Alive

Canions


To do:
  • draft on paper
  • transfer to waist fabric
  • cut
    • main fabric 2 on fold
    • lining 2 on fold
    • cut on bias
  • apply trims and decorations
  • sew
    • main
    • lining
    • waistband
  • hand sew
    • leg bottoms
    • waistband
    • closures


Notes:
The construction of canions can be daunting as there is little forgiveness.  I made this pair for my 9yr old son.  I needed to stick with my initial thinking on ratios, inches added to the measurement--which I didn't do.  For the:

  • Waist:   1" seam, 2" give
  • outside seam (waist to knee):   1" seam, 2" extra
  • Inseam (apex crotch to knee): 1" seam NO extra
  • Hip:  1" seam, 2" give ** Should have added 3" **
  • Circumference of quad right above knee: 1"seam, 2" give





As a note the wise: when drafting the back side of the canions, make sure the back takes into account the bubble of the butt.  So it should be higher than the front.  I have experienced this before, and forgot to account for it.  


Pickle's canions fit perfectly except in the back where I could have added about 3" more to the height to accommodate his rear.






Warmest regards,

webpage

No comments:

Post a Comment